Nycum & Associates’ strategic planning consultancy draws on more than three decades of healthcare planning and working with government, for-profit and non-profit organizations. We specialize in culture change, leadership development, organizational structure, governance and executive coaching. Some of our recent consultancy work has included:
• Change Readiness for New Emergency Department, Aberdeen Regional Hospital. Culture change, process redesign, generation of new SOP and other protocols, scenarios based system and team testing and go-live implementation, New Glasgow, NS, 2017.
• NSHA Community Mental Health Recovery and Integration Program “Experiments in Access” (Role Play Pilot Project). This won a Quality Award at the CDHA annual Quality Summit in an online vote. Halifax, NS, 2013.
• “Working Differently – Sackville”, NSHA Community Mental Health Recovery and Integration Program. Sackville, NS, 2014.
• “Working Differently – Dartmouth”, NSHA Community Mental Health Recovery and Integration Program. Dartmouth, NS, 2014.
• “Working Differently – Simpson Landing”, NSHA Community Mental Health Recovery and Integration Program. Simpson Landing, Woodside, NS, 2014.
• “Working Differently – Halifax”, NSHA Community Mental Health Recovery and Integration Program. Halifax, NS, 2014.
• Halifax HUB re-imagining, NSHA Community Mental Health Recovery and Integration Program. Halifax, NS, 2014
• HUB Member Orientation and Access Process Change, NSHA Community Mental Health Recovery and integration Program. Halifax, NS, 2014.
• The Spot (Youth Mental Health Arts Program) Strategic Plan Facilitation. Halifax, NS, 2014.
• Windsor Elms Village Culture Change Facilitation. Windsor, NS, 2014 (in partnership with David Green, S.A.G.E.)
• Shiretown Nursing Home. Pictou, NS, 2011. (in partnership with David Green, S.A.G.E.)
• Ivey’s Terrace Nursing Home. Trenton, NS, 2011. (in partnership with David Green, S.A.G.E.)
• New Dawn Enterprises Strategic Plan (in partnership with Lesley Southwick-Trask)
• Election Campaign Strategic Plan Facilitation and Executive Coaching, for Provincial Member of Legislature. Halifax, NS, 2016
• 10-year Strategic Facility Plan for Guyana’s National Psychiatric Service (integrated with policy and training components)
• Sambandh Health Foundation (Delhi, India) – 10 Year Horizon (Strategic Expansion) Plan
Our Strategic Planning methodology focuses on progressive activities, which are divided into 4 phases and led by our team:
Phase I: Identifying Needs & Considerations
This phase focuses on the defining elements, tasks and triggers that lead to the creation of a Strategic Plan. These include: identifying main objectives and contributing pressures, identifying champions and stakeholders, and determining the processes to achieve desired outcomes.
Phase II: Organizing
This phase organizes resources for the Strategic Planning process, including detailed planning and rallying participants to focus on the objectives of a Strategic Plan.
Phase III: The Plan
This phase is implemented through facilitated, open platform session(s), building from activity to activity in a progressive format. This includes environmental scans, SWOT, themes, focus areas, objectives, tasks and implementation strategies. The result of this phase is a Strategic Plan document.
Phase IV: Implementing The Plan
The final phase includes refining the implementation plan, organizing, introducing task responsibility and accountability, and concludes with reflection, an evaluation of effectiveness and renewal of the Strategic Planning process.